TO DO LIST:
- Field Information: Update your field information on the club Field Info Section of Club page. Each club will enter and keep current its field information as “permits” in the Club Field Info section of the club page on the wyslsoccer.org website and Manage Field Permits.
- Club Field Directions: Directions allow coaches, parents, and refs to find fields at www.wyslsoccer.org. Club President/designee should review the field directions on the WYSL website and revise them if necessary. To add a new field or change a field name, E-mail the scheduler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We require one field for a full day for every six teams playing on that size field. (Preferably noon to dark for small sided and 9 to dark for full sided.) Get as much field time as you can for the WYSL to use in scheduling. Unused time can be returned to the community or other groups after the schedule is final. Field time needed for games is: 8/9/10 - 1:15, 11/12 - 1:30, 13/14 - 1:45, 15+: 2 hours. With rare exceptions games start no later than 5pm. Earliest start time for 8-12: 12pm. For 13: 11:30; 14: 11; HS (JV and Varsity): 9am.
Enter an online permit for all available fields and times for Sunday play. Permits from prior seasons can be used as templates or cloned for a new season. Permits must be entered as early as possible and at least 6 weeks before the start of the season. Use preliminary information if that’s all you have and correct it as early as possible. Instructions for permits are on the website. Tell the scheduler about special conditions or field issues.
- Special team requests: Send all team/club special schedule requests or coach coordination requests by email to the WYSL Scheduler (email@example.com) as early as possible and preferably before the scheduling (5 weeks before the start of the season). Any request made after the preliminary schedule is sent out will not be accepted. Each request must include: Club / Team Name / Age Group / Request / and, for coach coordinations, coach name.
DO NOT PUT SCHEDULE REQUESTS ON THE APPLICATION/SEEDING FORM!
The league only coordinates games for a head coach of two WYSL teams. We do not coordinate for co-head coaches, trainers, assistant coaches, or club officials. Coaches may not be head coach for more than two WYSL teams playing in the league.
- Co-insured Form: All insurance certificates are generated by US Club and the process is handled by the clubs. Forms are available under “Forms” under “Registration” on website (www.wyslsoccer.org).
- Application/Seeding Request Form: All teams must fill out an online application/ seeding request form to provide information to the WYSL Seeding Committee, listing at least two different contacts. The information that is submitted on the Application/Seeding Form will create the contacts on the Spring 2018 team page, which can be added to and revised by the authorized team reps. Team contacts may then access the team page by clicking upper right “team log-in” using their designated e-mail address and password. Make sure all your teams submit their seeding/application online and either print them or have a summary sheet at your registration appointment.
- New player(s) ONLY: New players to WYSL travel soccer must submit a birth certificate and upload a recent photo. Parents, coaches and club registrars will also have the ability to upload photos. All photos of new players/coaches must be uploaded and those sessions will then be submitted to League.
- New Coaches: New coaches should submit a copy of proof of licensing, if any. Only for one Fall season is a New Coach allowed a coaching pass without having taken the mandatory courses. That coach is required to be licensed by the following spring season by taking the NSCAA Level 2 (or equivalent or higher) course and the coach Orientation course. (More information on these courses will be forthcoming.) A coach may only coach for one fall season without having taken the required courses! A coach who fails to take the courses may not coach in the spring season and must forfeit his coaching pass.
- Risk Management: All coaches must pass Risk Management before they can be rostered or receive a coaching pass. Risk management under US Club Soccer is to be done every 2 years. The coach must pay $15 on the US Club site and complete the concussion training and background check.
- Medical Release: All players must fill out a medical release form. This is good as long as the player stays with the same club and the information has not changed.
- How to update Club information: Club officers, team pages, individual field directions are on the WYSL website. Club President or president’s designee (person with club administration rights) is responsible for updating club officers’ information and keeping individual field directions accurate for their club. Go to www.wyslsoccer.org. Go to “Clubs” on left- hand side of screen. In the center of the page find your club and go into the club page. Right-hand top corner, “log in”. If it is the first time accessing this page, enter email address and leave password blank and press “first-time user or forgot password” at bottom. A password will be emailed to you immediately. Print it out and save it. This will be your password to access the Club Information Page where you can update all club information.
Phone: (914) 235-5110
Fax: (914) 235-5323
32 Elm Place, Suite 1S
Rye, New York 10580