● Get as much field time as you can for the WYSL to use in scheduling. To fit all the games and to honor the coach coordinations, special requests, and general requests (as much as possible), we need more time than we will finally use. Even the computer needs room to maneuver. Field time we don’t use can be returned to the community or other groups after the schedule is final.
● The amount of field time needed for each age group is: U8/9/10 – an hour and 15 minutes, U11/12 – an hour and a half, U13/14 – an hour and three-quarters, 15+: 2 hours. Games are not scheduled to start after 5pm. Earliest start time for u8 - u14 is 11am; HS (JV and Varsity and u15) is 9am.
● Field Information: Instructions for updating and maintaining your field information can be found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XV6gVzOW7cH4L7jzJmsbp82F-13iLGDV/view?usp=sharing.
Each club will enter and keep its field information current until we start to schedule. Once that starts, tell the scheduler(email@example.com) and Jared Hirshowitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) about any changes in field availability. Fill out the field availability data for Sunday play. As requested in the meetings about GotSoccer, information from prior seasons will be preloaded. Update all the information. Include any notes about special conditions or field issues.
● We know that many schools and parks departments don’t make field decisions early. You may not have your final permits. You may not be 100% sure of what you’ll get, but we have to start scheduling several thousand games. Please make your best guess. What matters is the field *time* on the Sundays. We can later change fields if the game times don't change.
● Please get fields "until 6:30" or until “dark” Games starting at 5 pm run until 6, 6:15, 6:30, or 6:45 (depending on the age group). Please get field time from 11 am (for younger teams) and from 9 am for the big 11v11 fields. Get field time appropriate for the age groups of your teams. High school teams can and should play in the morning (9am on). Younger teams from 11.
● Directions allow coaches, parents, and refs to find fields. The club president or designee should review the field directions and tell us about any revisions. Home teams should talk to their opponents and confirm directions with them each week.