Eligibility Requirements: In order to register for the grassroots modules, candidates must be at least 16 years old* and have completed U.S. Soccer’s Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module. This module can be accessed here.
It is a prerequisite, it’s free and takes 20 minutes to complete.
D License Course Description
Blended National D License Course Details: The Blended National D license is a 40 to 45-hour course that begins in late 2020 with online experience and ends with a one-day on-field component in early 2021. The course is designed for the grassroots coach working with youth players U6 to U13 in a participation driven environment and focuses on all four game models as outlined in the Player Development Initiatives (4v4 / 7v7 / 9v9 / 11v11).
The goals of the course are to help coaches understand how:
• to create game-like training sessions that encourage players’ ownership (decision-making)
• to create a game-day environment that encourages players’ ownership (decision-making)
The learning objectives of this course are to facilitate coach improvement in the Six Tasks of a Coach with an emphasis on developing the team and individual players by learning how:
• to demonstrate an understanding of developmental stages & age characteristics
• to observe the game, recognize formations and all player actions
• to further develop a comprehensive understanding of Play-Practice-Play methodology
• to organize, execute and reflect on 2 Play-Practice-Play training sessions based on the same goal in one week.
• to demonstrate an understanding of how to inform, involve and inspire parents
Coaches who register for this course can expect up to 3 to 5 hours weekly learning opportunities that will feature a mixture of independent learning using online modules and live virtual meetings led by a licensed U.S. Soccer Instructor.
Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to the internet and a web-camera/live video capabilities.
The virtual meetings will take place agreed upon days and times (see below).
Coaches may be asked to participate in the field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn. Candidates that register for this course are expected to attend all course meetings to be eligible to receive the license.