You will not be allowed to coach, obtain a pass, or be on the roster without completing and passing the background check and uploading your Sideline Sports Doc and SafeSport Training certificates on the background screening application.
US Club Background checks are required every two years. You will be notified by your club registrar and be provided instructions by them if you are a new or returning team staff who needs to complete or renew it. If you want to confirm your status, please reach out to your club registrar directly.
Below are the complete instructions to follow in order to complete the process. You will not be allowed to coach, obtain a pass, or be on the roster without completing and passing the background check and uploading your Sideline Sports Doc and SafeSport Training certificates on the background screening application.
Firstly, CLICK HERE to complete and pay via credit card ($5) the Training Program (Sideline Sports Doc). After 100% completion, you will be e-mailed a certificate. Save the certificate to your computer and upload in the designated Sideline Sports Doc upload on the background check screening application.
Secondly, Please send an email to email@example.com to receive an auto-reply email with the link, U.S. Soccer access code, and instructions to take the required SafeSport online training course. (The U.S. Center for SafeSport and U.S. Soccer will not allow the code to be posted publicly.) After 100% completion save the certificates to your computer and upload the master certificate in the designated SafeSport Training upload on the background check screening application.
Thirdly, CLICK HERE to complete and pay via credit card ($18) the background screening application.
Instructions to re-upload certificates to your currently submitted screening:
· Log into SportsEngine account
· Click on your photo or circle on the right of the notification bell.
· Click ‘My Account’
· On the left of the screen click on ‘Registrations’ to view background screening(s) submitted.
· Find the current US Club Soccer Background Screening Application and click on it.
· Click Edit [pencil icon] next to Applicant Information.
· Click YES for Sideline Sports Doc and SafeSport in order to upload the certificates.
· Import each certificate in the appropriate place. If you need to override an incorrect certificate click Remove this document, then upload the correct certificate.
· Scroll to the bottom of the application and click SAVE REGISTRATION ENTRY.